This is a really delicious dinner that I created the other night. I originally made it for Sweetnicks‘ ARF/5-A-Day Tuesdays but forgot to post it. So here it is today.
See also Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 lb chicken
- 2 portobello caps, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach (packed in)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in bowl and whisk together until well combined. Place marinade and chicken in a large bowl and let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large casserole, place portobello slices, followed by spinach and feta. Top with chicken and pour marinade over everything.
- Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes until juices are bubbling around outside of the casserole.
- Remove lid and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Category: dinner, marinades, Poultry, Recipes