Alright. I decided to do something really nice for my stepson today, since it’s just he, Will and I. Daddy had to work. So I devised a quick recipe to use up the last of my strawberries and take advantage of the load of chocolate I mentioned.
So what I came up with was a peanut butter, strawberry, chocolate wrap. And it’s so good, in fact, that I am going to use it for Sweetnick’s ARF/5-a-Day on Tuesday. Chocolate is rich in antioxidants, as are strawberries.
Unfortunately, the stepson proceeded to inform me that he doesn’t like chocolate. But hey, more for me!
See also Nutella and Bananas.
Peanut Butter, Strawberry and Chocolate Wrap
- 1 small (8 inch) flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- two large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 tsp confectioners sugar
- Spread the peanut butter down the center of the tortilla and top with sliced strawberries. Place in a medium frying pan and heat over medium for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, chocolate and confectioners sugar. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and drizzle chocolate over the strawberries.
- Wrap up two sides of the tortilla to cover the center, and hold for 5 seconds to set.
- Cut in half and serve.
Â© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.