I started this post more days ago then I want to admit. But believe me, it’s worth the wait.
When I made these muffins, they met with a reaction I didn’t anticipate: elation. My husband was simply elated when he told me how great my muffins were. How cool is that??? He raved and raved and shared with his boss who raved and raved some too…
If you make these, be aware that they are best on the first two days so making them on a Saturday or Sunday would be wise. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Beat in skim milk and 1/2 cup butter until well combined. Stir in flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt until just moistened. Gently fold in raspberries and white chocolate.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 22-26 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- Let muffins cool until they can be touched.
- Once cooled, arrange the melted butter and remaining sugar in two bowls. Dip each muffin first into butter and then into sugar. Enjoy!
Â© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Category: Bread, Breakfasts, muffins
Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.