It’s getting to be that time of year when we remember all the things that happened over the course of the year. Looking back moves us forward to the next year where there will be all sorts of new things to learn. Crazy, isn’t it?
Over the course of the next week, you’ll see several year-end posts, along with a recap of recipes that made it into my gift baskets this year. Stay tuned. There is a lot of great stuff to read about this week…
Now onto 10 things I learned in 2006.
- Never put an extra hot pan in cold water or an extra cold pan in a hot oven…it will warp.
- Photos make a blog post so much more interesting. See my first photo post here.
- Molto Mario…truth be told, I had no idea who he was before I went to the Martha Stewart Show in March.
- Making cinnamon rolls at home takes a bit of time but is well worth the effort. These rolls from Chef Michele’s Adventures are awe-worthy.
- Beet greens are delicious.
- Homemade potato chips . . . mmmm.
- Homemade French bread . . . ooooooooooooh.
- Groundhogs in the garden STINK!!!!
- Two words: square watermelons!
- A few life lessons . . .