Many people have asked me, “Doesn’t Shawn cook?” Well, folks, he does. And he does it pretty well. I just don’t typically share his recipes . . . something should be sacred, no?
But this recipe was too good not to chronicle and share. It’s perfectly crispy, juicy fried chicken. I love it made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs the best, but the breasts are good too — and a healthier option.
Looking for a baked version? Check out my Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken recipe. It’s delicious.
Extra Crispy Homemade Fried Chicken
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups of milk
2 cups of flour
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1 tsp of garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp of paprika
1 lb boneless chicken
- Fill a large frying pan with about 1 inch of canola oil and heat on a medium burner.
- Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Place 1 cup of the flour in a second bowl.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining cup of flour in a large bowl. Stir in garlic salt, pepper and paprika.
- Rinse the chicken with water and then dredge in bowl of flour. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb/flour mixture. Repeat until all chicken has been used.
- Carefully place the chicken in the frying pan and turn chicken every 2 minutes. Salt lightly while cooking. Cooking time will vary -- continue this process until its cooked through and golden brown on the outside. (You can use a meat thermometer to ensure doneness -- or just slice into a thick piece to be sure that there is no more pink and juices run clear).
- Remove the chicken from the oil and place onto a plate layered with 2-3 paper towels to absorb excess oil.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2014.
Category: dinner, Poultry, Recipes