With the economy in question, it’s no surprise that families everywhere are looking for ways to save on everything from electricity to food. Fortunately, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to make a great meal on a budget. That’s what The $7 Dinner Challenge is all about.
The $7 Dinner Challenge, besides challenging ourselves (that would be Cate and I), we want to make sure that what we’re making is accessible, so readers can actually make these meals for $7 as well.
Have a food blog and want to join in the fun? When we post on Monday nights, feel free to leave us a link with your post — the more the merrier.
The Ground Rules:
- You have $7 to create a complete dinner for four, to include the main course and either an appetizer or dessert.
- Your meal must include a serving of vegetables for each person.
- Items such as bread can be prorated (total cost of loaf/slices used).
- Salt and pepper are free — no need to count these into the cost total.
- No frozen meals. You actually have to make something (however it can have premade components).
- You must state where you get your pricing info from, and it must be current to the date posted (as in, if the sale is over, the current price is the one that counts).
So if you’re looking for delicious food without breaking the bank, be sure to tune in every Monday night and see what we’re all cooking up … with just $7.
Category: Budget Eating
About the Author (Author Profile)Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.
Sites That Link to this Post
- EB’s Copy Fair » Blog Archive » The $7 Dinner Challenge | October 10, 2008
- The $7 Dinner Challenge: Week 1 | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | October 14, 2008
- EB’s Copy Fair » Blog Archive » $7 Dinner Challenge #1 | October 19, 2008
- The $7 Dinner Challenge: Week 2 | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | October 21, 2008
- The $7 Dinner Challenge: Week 3 | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | October 28, 2008
- Blog Well Done » The $7 Dinner Challenge Part 2 | October 28, 2008
- Blog Well Done » The $7 Dinner Challenge Part 3 | November 4, 2008
- The $7 Dinner Challenge: Survey Edition | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | November 4, 2008
- 24 Tips For Eating Well On A Budget | November 5, 2008
- EB’s Copy Fair » Blog Archive » $7 Dinner Challenge #2 | November 12, 2008
- $7 Challenge #2: Meatloaf : Kara Cooks - One Recipe at a Time | November 24, 2008