The $7 Dinner Challenge is now the $10 Dinner Challenge!
After reviewing the results of the recent survey we did on the $7 Dinner Challenge (thanks for joining in!), Cate and I decided to make a few modifications to the rules … to make it a little more user-friendly and hopefully encourage more participation. Although we know the $7 challenge is definitely doable, we thought expanding the scope a bit might make it better for all. And, if you liked the recipes before, you are going to love what we come up with now with just a little more money.
The challenge will resume next Monday, but in the meantime, here’s the plan:
The Ground Rules:
- You have $10 to create a complete dinner for four, to include the main course and a serving of vegetables for each person.
- Cost of items (i.e., bread) can be prorated (total cost of loaf/slices used).
- Salt, pepper, 1/4 cup oil and 1 tablespoon of herbs are free — no need to count these into the cost total. Every other ingredient must count toward your $10 total.
- No frozen meals. You actually have to make something (however it can have premade components).
- You must state where you get your pricing info from, and it must be current to the date posted (as in, if the sale is over, the current price is the one that counts).
I am already dreaming up new ideas for next week’s menu. Hope to see you here!