Top Chef returned on Wednesday night, with a whole new cast of characters. This time the chefs are tackling New York, the city that never sleeps.
Did you watch the episode? If so, read on after the jump.
It’s hard to get a grasp on the personalities and talents of the chefs after only one episode. Just think about last season – Richard Blais seemed quite irritating at first blush, but he became a fan favorite by the end.
So, here’s my few thoughts after this premiere:
- Carla really threw me off when she talked about her “spirit gods.” I just wasn’t sure what to make of that. At all.
- I would have liked to see Lauren stay, but was happy to see Patrick go. Nice guy, but I think he needs to stay in school and learn more first.
- Fabio and Stefan add an interesting dynamic to the show with their accents and sometimes hard to understand language.
- Someone needs to tell Jeff that hair and food don’t mix. Forget the comb in the kitchen.
- My early favorites are Radhika, Gene and Jamie. I think Alex won’t last long.
Share your thoughts in the comments below.