I had every intention of posting my usual Fertile Friday post on Friday. It’s something that I have loved doing all summer, since I am so happy with the progress I’ve made this year. And it’s something that I want to continue until the growing is done. But this past week, I just needed a break.
Ok, break is a word I use somewhat loosely. I have been swamped with work over the past few weeks and I am in desperate need of some R&R. I really value my time that’s spent relaxing and doing other things on weekends and although I got that these past two weekends, it was punctuated with deadlines and last-minute writing.
So, here I am. Offering you these delectable Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies as a peace offering. There are soft and chewy peanut butter cookies bursting with chocolate. Each bite reminds me of a rethought peanut butter cup. They are just fantastic. But beware — they are totally addictive, so plan to share.
I have a lot of delicious things planned for this week and I promise to have a new Fertile Friday post up bright and early on Friday. Thanks for being so understanding.
Note: Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix to incorporate. While the mixer is on low, slowly add the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using a small ice cream scoop (about 2 tsp capacity) about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.