If you made a New Year’s resolution to be healthier this year, now is a critical time … or so says the barrage of emails I have been receiving. Apparently, this is the time when people start abandoning those healthy vows and going back to their old ways.
I haven’t given up yet. Have you? I’ve been focusing on improving my diet and upping my exercise and it’s paying off. I’m down several pounds, my clothes are fitting better and I am feeling great. Exercise makes me feel so good.
What are your plans for the weekend? The kids and I have an active weekend planned. I can’t wait to get it started.
But first, here are 5 healthy things that you and your family can do this weekend …
- Learn more about the Ten in 10 Challenge. Check out my Tablespoon interview with Lori Lange, who created the Ten in 10 Challenge, a movement to focus on getting healthy in the first 10 weeks of 2010.
- Get your kids moving this winter! Don’t stress, just get prepared. For help, check out my recent SheKnows articles: 10 Outdoor Winter Activities for Kids and 3 Indoor Games to Get Kids Moving.
- Check out some new-to-you healthy cooking blogs. Recent discoveries for me? Family Fresh Cooking, Good (Cheap) Eats and Fab Frugal Food.
- Try something new and healthy! I did this week — Quinoa hit our table for the first (and second and third …) time. I’m also hearing good things about bulgar. That might be next.
- Sleep more. Yes, you read that right. Sleep is really, really good for you. Benefits include fewer colds, trimmer waistlines and a reduced risk of heart disease. Some big time editors are even trying a 2010 Sleep Challenge.