I love the taste of roasted leeks. Almost smoky … and so tender, with a hint of crisp. Then there’s the roasted beets, they get this beautiful sweetness to them. But the roasted eggplant? The crispy caramelization on the outside and creamy inside was sublime. As far as eggplant recipes go, this is a new fav. And the whole dish is infused with the roasted garlic which makes it all the better.
Roasted vegetables are really divine. I loved this dish. This roasted vegetables recipe is a perfect side dish for the chilly evenings we’ve been having. Unfortunately, the kids were less enthused. They both enjoyed the roasted beets in this dish, but were mixed on the other veggies. Shawn wouldn’t try it. Oh well. Can’t win every time, right?
Sadly, this week there were no beets, leeks or eggplant in the CSA box. But if you have leftovers from last week, then this is a great recipe to make. Or, you could just buy the ingredients and make it. Heck, I might do that.
Wondering what to do with the produce that was in your box? Try these recipes:
- Tomatoes (the big slicing ones): Heirloom Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Cherry Tomatoes: Whole Wheat Couscous Tabbouleh Salad
- Summer Squash: Grilled Summer Squash with Tomatoes, Garlic and Scallions
- Corn: Balsamic Tomato, Corn and Cucumber Panzanella
- Cabbage: Classic Coleslaw (with a twist)
Now, onto the delicious recipe for roasted veggies …
About the Author (Author Profile)Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Garlicky roasted beets, leeks and eggplant « Ned Raggett Ponders It All | November 10, 2010
- Veggie Mixer – Garlicky Roasted Beets, Leeks and Eggplant | August 17, 2011