I love the taste of roasted leeks. Almost smoky … and so tender, with a hint of crisp. Then there’s the roasted beets, they get this beautiful sweetness to them. But the roasted eggplant? The crispy caramelization on the outside and creamy inside was sublime. As far as eggplant recipes go, this is a new fav. And the whole dish is infused with the roasted garlic which makes it all the better.
Roasted vegetables are really divine. I loved this dish. This roasted vegetables recipe is a perfect side dish for the chilly evenings we’ve been having. Unfortunately, the kids were less enthused. They both enjoyed the roasted beets in this dish, but were mixed on the other veggies. Shawn wouldn’t try it. Oh well. Can’t win every time, right?
Sadly, this week there were no beets, leeks or eggplant in the CSA box. But if you have leftovers from last week, then this is a great recipe to make. Or, you could just buy the ingredients and make it. Heck, I might do that.
Wondering what to do with the produce that was in your box? Try these recipes:
- Tomatoes (the big slicing ones): Heirloom Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Cherry Tomatoes: Whole Wheat Couscous Tabbouleh Salad
- Summer Squash: Grilled Summer Squash with Tomatoes, Garlic and Scallions
- Corn: Balsamic Tomato, Corn and Cucumber Panzanella
- Cabbage: Classic Coleslaw (with a twist)
Now, onto the delicious recipe for roasted veggies …