Today, we celebrated my husband’s birthday (Happy birthday, honey!). The day started with a homemade breakfast of cheese omelets, homemade hashbrowns and chicken sausage. Then there was Will’s 5-year-old well-visit to the doctor followed by lunch (sandwiches from our fav deli), work and a special dinner with family.
It was a whirlwind.
So, I am keeping this post short today.
What to do with your produce:
- Nectarines – Nectarine Muffins @ Pinch My Salt
- Corn – 10 Fresh Summer Recipes for Sweet Corn @ The Kitchn
- Slicing tomatoes – A simple idea for heirloom tomatoes
- Tomatoes – Sundried Tomato Basil Hummus
- Cherry tomatoes – Whole Wheat Couscous Tabbouleh Salad
- Garlic – Grilled Marinated Steak Skewers
P.S. Sarah’s Cucina Bella will be on hiatus until Sept. 7, 2010 so that I can enjoy my kids’ last days of summer. See you on the 7th!