This dish just screams fall to me — so even though there were no Brussels sprouts in my CSA share this week, I couldn’t get these off my mind. When I first wrote about these Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Vinaigrette, the photos just didn’t do them justice. I mean, when you have a dish this mouthwatering, the photos should make everyone drool. I’ll be the first to admit that the photos from my old post didn’t do that.
Fresh Brussels sprouts are cut into rounds. It really has to be fresh ones — I’ve tried this with frozen sprouts and it just didn’t do the dish justice.
Then they are sauteed until tender and browned in spots. Finally, sauteed garlic is whisked with lemon juice and olive oil. That dressing is tossed with the sprouts and voila! You have this amazing, droolworthy dish of tangy veggies.
This has been a staple dish at every family function since I first created it. Everyone in the family loves it. Scroll down for the recipe … you really want to try this.
Looking for ideas for your CSA produce this week? Try these.
- Eggplant – Roasted Beets, Leeks and Eggplant
- Potatoes – “Baked” Potatoes on the Grill; German Potato Salad
- Butternut Squash – Butternut Squash Soup
- Corn – Balsamic Tomato, Corn and Cucumber Panzanella
About the Author (Author Profile)Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes: Lighter Ways to Make Your Favorites | December 25, 2010
- Christmas Menu: Prime Rib Recipes Guaranteed To Make Your Mouth Water — Lady and the Blog | December 23, 2011