This morning, Paige and I finished off her Valentine’s and packed them up for school. This weekend I will do the same with Will. Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and we’re in the midst of parties and preparations.
On Monday, Will has his party at school (Paige’s was today). He’s so excited. Meanwhile, Shawn and I will have a nice breakfast out together (with Paige in tow). It will be low-key, but just right. For dinner, the kids and I will be on our own since Shawn has to work. I decided that my little Valentines and I will celebrate with a meal of things we’ll love. We’ll indulge a little …
I’m keeping all of this a surprise. That will make it more exciting and special for the kids (did I mention that they are strangely excited for Valentine’s Day this year?). But little do they know that I have hearts and merriment planned that they’ll love. Oh, and a great menu.
When Foodily asked me to share my ultimate Valentine’s Day meal with my readers, I figured what better to share than the actual meal that I will make?
My Valentine’s menu starts with a light Cucumber Salad, which is cool, refreshing and something we all love. It will be served with our family favorite Creamy Gorgonzola and Shrimp Pasta. I developed the recipe over the summer, and it’s been a frequently requested one since, although we haven’t had it in awhile. Along with that, we’ll have Roasted Cauliflower with Kalamata Vinaigrette, which just sounded too good to pass up. And for dessert? Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls. I actually started planning the menu with these in mind … and though they are typically breakfast fare, they will be perfect for dessert too. (Get all the recipes here).
What are your Valentine’s Day plans? Will you be cooking?
Foodily wants to know what you’d love to eat for Valentine’s Day too … and your menu could be featured on the site. Here’s how:
1. Go to Foodily.com and login with Facebook Connect (or create a login).
2. Play around with recipes and find your favorites to create a perfectly delish Valentine’s Day meal!
3. Once you’ve selected a recipe save it to a menu:
- From the recipe, select the “save” button, save it as an appetizer, main, etc., and then it’ll ask you to name your menu. Create your special Valentine’s menu title.
- Continue adding recipes and saving to that menu
4. View your menu (either from tab at top or from your profile) and grab the URL (you can also share your menu on Facebook and grab the URL there). Note: the URL will look similar to this: http://foodily.com/m/1234
5.Tweet the following and be sure to include the #foodilyvdaymenu hashtag at the end:
Check out my @foodily Valentine’s Day menu! Create one of your own! http//(your menu URL here) #foodilyvdaymenu
6. Foodily will be watching and selecting menu winners daily to be featured on the Foodily site!
Note: You can also enter by sharing your menu on Foodily’s Facebook wall.
Disclosure: I am a paid brand ambassador for Foodily, however the opinions expressed are my own.