This week’s topic hits close to home — How to Keep the Motivation Going.
We’ve talked about motivation before since the Eat. Live. Be. challenge began in January. But it’s one of those things that you have to constantly keep in the back of your head, since it’s so easy to fall into old habits. So, we’re talking about it again.
Hearing that I haven’t been working out much is probably a red flag that my motivation is lagging. But I haven’t given up, and not working out as much doesn’t mean that I am not working on losing. I’m just trying to figure out what works best for me … and that might not be regular, organized workouts. In fact, it’s likely to be more like working subtle exercise into my daily life. And if that’s what works and gets me to my goals? Then that’s okay.
So, I started thinking about ways to keep that motivation up and came up with 11 easy, simple ways.
11 Ways to Keep the Motivation Going
- Look in the mirror. See those positive changes? You can have more, if you keep it up!
- Browse your favorite store. See an outfit you’d love to own? Make it a prize for reaching a goal.
- Tired? Exercise makes you more energetic (sounds backwards, but it’s true!).
- Summer’s coming. Remember that.
- Enlist a friend to push you. Cate does that for me — prodding when I wish she wouldn’t (though I am glad she does).
- Think about what you are eating. Is that second brownie really worth the extra time on the treadmill?
- Consider your health. Look, being fit gives you a better chance of being healthy. How can you say no to that?
- Look at your kids. Being fit and healthy gives you your best shot of seeing them grow and turn into successful, happy adults.
- Read back. One of the great things about blogging or journaling your weight loss is that you can go back and review your progress.
- Switch things up. Exercise routine getting old? Find a new one. Tired of the foods you are eating? Update the menu. Changes help keep things hoppin’.
- Work it into your life. Look, I can’t say that exercise classes or trips to the gym will ever be part of my daily life. But exercise in some form? Definitely. It’s all in how you work it in … and for me, dancing while cleaning or cooking works great.
Now, I am off to dance for a few minutes while cleaning up the kitchen.
Be sure to check out the other ELB bloggers too.
- Cate O’Malley from Sweetnicks
- Joanne from Eats Well with Others
- Chris Arpante – Melecotte
- Faith – Blog Appetit
- Jenna – Stop, Drop and Blog
- Casey – The Starnes Family
- Patsy – Family, Friends and Food
- Claire – Cooking is Medicine
- Allison – Sweet Flours
- Jen – NJ Epicurean
- Rivki Locker – Healthy Eating for Ordinary People
- Claudia – Journey of an Italian Cook
- Jennifer Schulz – Lick-a-Plate
- Sarah Rogers – Sarah’s Sweet Creations
- Denise and Lenny – Chez Us
Category: Eat. Live. Be. For a Better 2010