Anyway, it’s Monday and that means Eat. Live. Be. For a Better 2011. Today’s topic is A Day in the Life, which is all about giving a concrete look at how you are tackling your goals.
It took me a few tries to write this post, because I didn’t want to bore you with the mundane. Everyone gets up and does their usual mix of work, home stuff and eats. So I figured an overview of my practices and philosophy would be a better way to go.
Basically, no two days are the same, but there are some constants:
- I always eat breakfast, though it’s not always traditional breakfast (case in point: Sauteed Leeks on French Bread).
- I try to pack as many veggies and fruits in as I can. We have a basket of fruit on the counter, and when I find myself heading toward a snack attack, I grab an apple or banana or whatever. When we’re in a rush (like last night), and I feed the kids dinner early, then I have a veggie-filled dinner much later. Last night’s involved a lot of roasted broccoli, a good amount of sweet potatoes and two little super hot chicken wings.
- Though I don’t exercise formally often, I do get a workout in daily. Lately, that’s meant lots of yard work, and it’s really hard core — everything hurts today. But, then again, that could be the planks, crunches and push-ups I did yesterday. Still, an hour or two of heavy duty raking (we have a gravel driveway … and that gravel all has to be raked out of the grass back onto said driveway come spring) is a good workout.
- We take walks and hikes whenever we can. In fact, I have fallen so much in love with hikes and walks that I am planning to get the kids and I some hike-friendly shoes so that we don’t have to worry about slippage anymore. Shawn already has some.
- I’ve basically cut out all soda, save maybe one a week. Instead, I drink mostly water … and a little OJ. And coffee every morning.
- Red meat is a once in a while thing for me. I stick with lean proteins (chicken, fish, beans) and lots of veggies.
- If I fail to workout all day, I will march in place while watching TV at night.
How about you? What’s your health/fitness daily life like?
Also, be sure to enter to win the fab Soup Lovers Prize Pack!
Be sure to check out the other ELB bloggers too.
- Cate O’Malley from Sweetnicks
- Joanne from Eats Well with Others
- Chris Arpante – Melecotte
- Faith – Blog Appetit
- Jenna – Stop, Drop and Blog
- Casey – The Starnes Family
- Patsy – Family, Friends and Food
- Claire – Cooking is Medicine
- Allison – Sweet Flours
- Jen – NJ Epicurean
- Rivki Locker – Healthy Eating for Ordinary People
- Claudia – Journey of an Italian Cook
- Jennifer Schulz – Lick-a-Plate
- Sarah Rogers – Sarah’s Sweet Creations
- Denise and Lenny – Chez Us
Category: Healthy Life