Will’s lunch today was a roast beef and cheddar sandwich on multigrain, grape tomatoes and a no-sugar-added applesauce. He loved it, and it was balanced.
Do you see a theme here? Balance. I try to pack plenty of fruits and veggies into our days, along with moderate portions of protein, dairy and grains. And that’s my main defense to ensure that we get the right vitamins.
Today’s Eat. Live. Be. topic is vitamins and supplements. We’re supposed to share what we take, and why.
Honestly, I occasionally take a multi-vitamin, but nothing else. I try to balance our meals so that the majority of our nutrients come from the most natural sources.
I know that some people swear by different supplements, but I have never been thrilled with the way that supplements make me feel. And if I can get the nutrients naturally, why not?
Do you take supplements?
Be sure to check out the other ELB bloggers lunches too.
- Cate O’Malley from Sweetnicks
- Joanne from Eats Well with Others
- Chris Arpante – Melecotte
- Faith – Blog Appetit
- Jenna – Stop, Drop and Blog
- Casey – The Starnes Family
- Patsy – Family, Friends and Food
- Claire – Cooking is Medicine
- Allison – Sweet Flours
- Jen – NJ Epicurean
- Rivki Locker – Healthy Eating for Ordinary People
- Claudia – Journey of an Italian Cook
- Jennifer Schulz – Lick-a-Plate
- Sarah Rogers – Sarah’s Sweet Creations
- Denise and Lenny – Chez Us
- Gwen – Simple Healthy Family
Category: Healthy Life