If there is one thing I have learned since we started this Eat. Live. Be. For a Better 2011 journey earlier this year, it’s that change is fluid. Sometimes it moves in one direction, and other times it moves in another. Right now, the fluid of my change is in need of shifting.
I’ve hit a rut where I haven’t lost weight in more than a month. What I am doing — fitting exercise into my day in nontraditional ways — might help me maintain a weight, but it’s not propelling me to lose. And I still need to lose.
Last night, after coming back to my New York hotel room, where I am away on business, I caught a glimpse of my profile in the full length bathroom mirror and was shocked. I don’t know if my mirror at home lies or what, but the sight I saw was larger than I expected. So, back to traditional exercise I go. It’s necessary, and it starts now. (No, really, I am heading to the hotel gym as soon as I hit publish.)
But before I go, today’s Eat. Live. Be. For a Better 2011 topic is workout playlists. What music inspires you to work out harder or longer? What music can you lose yourself in?
Here are my top 10 favorite songs in my workout playlist right now:
- Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
- Dynamite by Taio Cruz
- Born This Way by Lady Gaga
- Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
- So What by Pink
- Firework by Katy Perry
- Empire State of Mind by Jay Z
- Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas
- Gives You Hell by All American Rejects
- Single Ladies by Beyonce
What’s in your workout playlist?
Be sure to check out the other ELB bloggers for their workout playlist selections too.
- Cate O’Malley from Sweetnicks
- Joanne from Eats Well with Others
- Chris Arpante – Melecotte
- Jenna – Stop, Drop and Blog
- Casey – The Starnes Family
- Patsy – Family, Friends and Food
- Claire – Cooking is Medicine
- Jen – NJ Epicurean
- Rivki Locker – Healthy Eating for Ordinary People
- Jennifer Schulz – Lick-a-Plate
- Sarah Rogers – Sarah’s Sweet Creations
- Gwen – Simple Healthy Family