When I was making my bed recently, I noticed how the morning sunlight was streaming through the windows onto my bed. It fell in lines of light and shadow, coming through the bed frame and the window. The beauty caught my eye — It seemed to be begging to be photographed. So, I quickly whipped up breakfast and took a few shots.
I don’t often have breakfast in bed (though I love it) and I don’t often have a bagel and lox for breakfast (though I love that too). But there was leftover lox and bagels in the kitchen and I had to use them. It would be wrong not to.
It’s a special treat to have breakfast in bed — especially if it’s accompanied by a good book and some fluffy pillows behind you. Simple acts like this can lift our spirits and kick off our days with a spot of joy. That’s a good thing. If you haven’t had your breakfast in bed lately, perhaps it’s time. It’s totally worth it for the mind-body balance thing.
Are you a breakfast in bed fan?
Eat. Live. Be. Reboot
When I decided to give up all dieting recently, I didn’t really know how it would work. Would I be frustrated? Would it be easy? Would I stick to it? One week later, and I have a few first impressions to share:
- After a lifetime of dieting, it’s hard not to do a mental count of calories, points or whatever.
- It’s freeing not to do that count.
- Being absolutely ok to eat as many fruits and veggies as I want is amazing. I had a bowl of roasted Brussels sprouts for lunch yesterday. They were divine.
- Since I am not stressing about food, I have more brain room to think about exercise.
- I am working on fitting in exercise wherever I can — including going to the second floor bathroom at work just for the exercise.
- It’s easy to fall in love with a diet that relies heavily on fruits, veggies and whole grains.
- Taking it one day at a time works.
I really haven’t weighed myself yet and I probably won’t for awhile. But my belly feels way less bloated and I am enjoying eating thoroughly. Both are important. So far, this new road to healthfulness is working for me.
Category: Healthy Life