Inspirational quotes like these are perfect for a little push forward when you need it. And who doesn’t need a little motivation now and again?
A little known fact: When I was in high school, I worked as a janitor at the Peale Center for Christian Living — a place devoted to the teachings of Norman Vincent Peale. Guideposts magazine was produced there as well. The building also housed a small museum dedicated to Peale’s message: there’s great power in positive thinking.
I can’t say that I walked away from the experience empowered and inspired. I was a kid — and I didn’t really believe in the message. I did, however, read every display, placard and quote in that museum — a dozen times or more.
It’s been many years now, and in retrospect I’ve come around to the idea that positive thinking is important to a good life. (I am positively thinking that I will get a big ol’ yes this week to one of the book proposals I have out to publishers.) Positivity begets good things in life — and even when bad things happen, a positive outlook can buoy you through. These days, I surround myself with positive, wonderful, motivational, inspirational quotes — and thoughts. I even have a frame filled with three favorite motivational quotes on my desk.
Looking for some inspirational quotes to keep you motivated? Here are 15 that I love.
15 Awesome Inspirational Quotes
- Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman
- Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country. – Anais Nin
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it. – W. Clement Stone
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- I will! I am! I can! I will actualize my dream. I will press ahead. I will settle down and see it through. I will solve the problems. I will pay the price. I will never walk away from my dream until I see my dream walk away: Alert! Alive! Achieved! – Robert Schuller
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’! – Audrey Hepburn
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- I think if there’s something one needs to change with oneself, it doesn’t have to happen in the New Year. You can do that any time you please. – Brittany Murphy
- No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams. – Jesse Jackson
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle