This quick and easy recipe for Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Cheesesteak Sandwiches is perfect for busy nights — or any game day — and is sponsored by Hidden Valley Ranch. All opinions are my own.
Both of my kids had soccer games this past weekend — and it was amazing to watch both of them play.
Paige’s game was her first ever, and she was so nervous that she suggested not going (um, no). But once she was on the field, the nerves melted away and Paige just went after that ball with a vengeance. She’s not afraid to get in there, and just take it and run. With her dogged determination to get that ball, she ended up playing most of the game.
On Sunday, when Will’s team took to the field, I was surprised to see something changed in him. Gone was the little boy who paused to have conversations on the field with friends on the other team (yes, that really happened last year). Instead, there was a mature boy who was so focused on the game. He played with a new confidence and grace, getting in there to steal the ball away as a defender — and blocking several goal attempts as goalie (they rotate positions throughout the game). And like Paige, Will ended up playing most of the game. In his fifth year of soccer, Will is coming into his own — he’s discerning which positions he enjoys most, and showing maturity on the field.
Watching them play soccer this weekend, I found myself falling in love with the game. I’m so excited to see them play again, and to discover what they can do when they really work at it.
Of course, after all the games and practices on weekends, by the time Sunday afternoon comes around, I am ready to relax. And eat well without having to cook much. Is that really so much to ask?
That’s what I love about these Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Cheesesteak Sandwiches. Ready in about 15 minutes, this is a quick and easy recipe that packs a punch of really great flavor. Fast, as we all know, doesn’t have to mean flavor-compromised — and these sandwiches have big flavor.
It’s so simple to toss these together. Tender, shaved beef is cooked with a little garlic and then served on a warm French baguette topped with Hidden Valley™ Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread and melted provolone cheese. It’s a heavenly combination of flavors and textures.
Have you tried the new Hidden Valley Sandwich Spread? They are kind of incredible. Available in Smoked Bacon Ranch, Country Herb Ranch, Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan and Spicy Chipotle Pepper, these spreads add a big pop of flavor to sandwiches, quesadillas and more. The cool thing? They are a little better nutritionally than mayonnaise — in fact, they are made with white beans and cream cheese and are low fat with one-third the calories of mayonnaise and only two grams of fat per serving.
The new spreads sell for about $3.99 for the 12 ounce container. Try them. We love them all.
Now, who wants a Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Cheesesteak Sandwich?
- 1 loaf French bread (baguette)
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley™ Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread
- ¼ lb deli sliced provolone cheese (sharp, preferably)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb shaved beef (found in the meat section -- it's raw)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the French bread into four pieces and slice open (like a roll). Place on a foil lined baking sheet, opened. Spread the inside of the French bread pieces with the Hidden Valley™ Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread, dividing evenly among the insides. Top with provolone cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute -- until fragrant and translucent. Add the shaved beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned all over.
- Divide the beef evenly among the four French bread rolls. Close and serve immediately.
Hidden Valley’s line of new Sandwich Spreads & Dips will take your boring sandwich routine to another level. With new flavors like Spicy Chipotle Pepper and Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan, your mouth will be thanking you and you’ll be on your way to delivering sandwich-envy.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.