Are you getting your grill on this season? These easy Grilled Chicken, Pineapple and Ham Kabobs are a delicious way to enjoy a sweet-savory meal from the grill. This recipe was created for my client Jones Dairy Farm but all opinions are my own.
When I was a kid, one of my favorite grilled dinners was kabobs. The variety of flavors and textures served on a stick always appealed to me — and even more so when the chicken would be marinated first. Yum. Heck, I even loved making them and would volunteer to help. So, really, it comes as no surprise that my kids also love pretty much anything served on a stick … including these easy, delicious Grilled Chicken, Pineapple and Ham Kabobs.
These kabobs are made with chicken that’s been marinated in teriyaki marinade. Look for a thicker one that will really coat the chicken and give it that distinctive flavor. Pineapple chunks and ham steak round out the kabobs, making them totally dinner ready. And for the ham, I can’t say enough good things about the hickory smoked flavor of Jones Dairy Farm‘s ham steaks. As you may remember, I am a brand ambassador for Jones and absolutely love their pork products (I grew up on their sausage!). The smoky ham adds a nice contrast to the sweeter flavor of the teriyaki marinated chicken.
Once you’ve threaded the skewers and grill them up, you will love digging in. Try serving these with fluffy rice and steamed broccoli to round out the meal.
And one more thing … I am so excited to share that Jones Dairy Farm has just launched an online cookbook to celebrate their 125th anniversary. The “Celebrating Great Taste” cookbook has recipes for breakfast, appetizers, soups, salads, burgers, sandwiches, side dishes, entrees and desserts — all created with Jones Dairy Farm products. I’ve checked it out, and sampled a number of the recipes (I took some of the photos for the cookbook!), and it’s really an awesome cookbook — totally worth checking out.
Now, go make these kabobs.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 7-oz. Jones Dairy Farm Ham Steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken chunks and teriyaki marinade. Cover and marinate for at least one hour.
- Preheat the grill to its medium setting or prepare charcoals for grilling.
- While the grill is heating, thread skewers with three pieces each of chicken, ham and pineapple, continuing until all ingredients are used. If you have extra ham and pineapple, make additional kabobs with just those ingredients (they are delicious too!).
- Now, it’s time to cook! Grill the kabobs for 7-9 minutes per side, flipping once.
- Serve immediately … these are great with rice and steamed broccoli.
Disclosure: I was compensated for creating this recipe, but all opinions are my own.