I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Eagle Brand I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Years ago, when I was a new reporter at a small newspaper in Northwestern Connecticut, the holidays rolled around and for our holiday potluck, I decided to make fudge. Why? It had a short ingredient list and looked like it might actually be easy.
And it was. So easy.
I ended up making so many varieties that year, addicted to the simple process that led to a treat so rich and decadent.
Then I stopped.
Since then, I have only make it a few times. But when I heard about some new varieties of condensed milk on the market, it seemed like the perfect time to try my hand at making it again.
What I love about making fudge is that it’s so easy. You melt, mix, pour, top and chill. We’re talking less than 10 minutes of hands on work for an easy — but totally craveworthy — treat that’s perfect for holiday gifting.
In this version, I used the new Eagle Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk and combined it with dark chocolate chips for a not-too-sweet but totally flavorful base. Add in a bit of vanilla extract and some walnuts and you’re ready to spread the sweet concoction in a pan. Top it with more nuts and caramel sauce.
That’s right. Dark chocolate. Double caramel. And walnuts. This fudge is pretty amazing — and impressive too. No one needs to know just how easy it was to make either.
This would be awesome to gift in festive tins or little candy boxes.
And about that condensed milk. It’s actually one of two special limited edition varieties released by Eagle just for the holidays (the other variety is chocolate!). Just think of all the tasty treats you could make with the rich added flavor boost of these condensed milks. Yum.
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips (60% cacao chips)
- 1 14-oz can Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp caramel topping
- Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving the ends hanging over the sides. Be sure to press it down.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and condensed milk. Microwave on high for 1½ minutes. Stir. Return to the microwave and heat for an addition 1 to 1½ minutes, until smooth when stirred.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and half the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread into a single, even layer. Sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
- Warm the caramel sauce until its of spreading consistency. Drizzle over the fudge. Cover with foil and chill over night.