The Challenge: Finish 52 books in 2017. Can I do it? Follow along as I try, try, try.
- The challenge is to finish 52 books this year. The books I started in 2016 (which I am barely half way through) will count if I finish them.
- Audio books do count, but will be marked with an asterisk. There is definitely a difference between reading and listening to a book, but for the purposes of this challenge both will count toward the total.
- Books I’ve read before do not count. But that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t reread them.
- Children’s chapter books (i.e. middle grade readers) count. Picture books do not.
- Comic books don’t count. However, graphic novels — bound editions that contain multiple issues of a comic or books written as a graphic novel — do.
- Every book must be written about — as a review, interview, inspiration or even a paragraph long mention. Every. Single. One.
- “Conviction,” by Julia Dahl – advance copy. More on this soon.
- “On Writing,” by Stephen King* – Audiobook. Written about in “Shrimp and Vegetable Soba Noodles”
- “Night,” by Elie Weisel* – Audiobook.
- “The Princess Diarist,” by Carrie Fisher
- “Transmetropolitan: Year of the Bastard,” by Warren Ellis, Illustrated by Darick Robertson