Easy Chicken-Cilantro Soup (Gluten-Free Recipes for People With Diabetes Cookbook)
Serves: serves 4
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce can chopped mild green chilies
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium, gluten-free chicken broth (or bouillon and water)
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken breast meat
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium lime, quartered
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, chilies, broth, and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cilantro, oil, and salt. Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe by Sarah's Cucina Bella at http://sarahscucinabella.com/2013/09/16/easy-chicken-cilantro-soup-gluten-free-recipes-people-diabetes-cookbook/