Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into a 1-inch dice
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup quartered new potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1½ cups uncooked Uncle Ben's® Instant Rice
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined cooked shrimp*
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, potatoes, onion, tomatoes (with juice!), broth, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning, garlic and salt. Stir well.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to low heat. Cook for 5 hours.
- Increase the slow cooker heat to high and stir in the rice and bell pepper. Cover again and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Most of the liquid should also be absorbed.
- Stir the shrimp into the slow cooker.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Sarah's Cucina Bella at http://sarahscucinabella.com/2014/08/13/easy-slow-cooker-chicken-shrimp-jambalaya/