Brussels Sprouts Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Author: Sarah Walker Caron
Serves: serves 4-6
- 4 cups shredded Brussels sprouts (about 9 oz)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 clementines, peeled, segmented and halved
- ¼ cup pistachio kernels (shells removed)
- ⅓ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the Brussels sprouts, avocado, clementines and pistachio kernels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper until it is fully combined. The dressing should look cloudy -- which means it's emulsified and ready to use.
- Pour the dressing over the Brussels sprouts mixture and toss to combine. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper, as needed.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe by Sarah's Cucina Bella at http://sarahscucinabella.com/2014/12/08/brussels-sprouts-salad-grapefruit-vinaigrette/