Spicy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Author: Sarah Walker Caron
Recipe type: Lunch
Serves: serves 2
- 1 sweet potato, baked and cooled
- ⅓ cup drained and rinsed black beans (from a can)
- ⅓ cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the sweet potato in half. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Stir the black beans, red pepper and cilantro into the sweet potato. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper as desired.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture evenly into the sweet potato skins. Enjoy -- these can be eaten hot or cold.
Recipe by Sarah's Cucina Bella at http://sarahscucinabella.com/2015/02/16/spicy-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/