Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Hash
Author: Sarah Walker Caron
Serves: serves 2
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cups trimmed and halved fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups diced sweet potato (about ½-inch dice)
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil or grease the baking sheet.
- Combine the onion, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato and bacon on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to combine well. You want it all mixed up together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then stir well. Bake for an additional 15 minutes and stir again. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden, stirring once or twice. Serve with poached eggs, if desired.
Recipe by Sarah's Cucina Bella at http://sarahscucinabella.com/2015/02/22/sweet-potato-brussels-sprouts-bacon-hash/