Pasta with Sausage Tomato Cream Sauce
Author: Sarah Walker Caron
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: serves 4
- ½ lb loose sweet Italian sausage
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 pinches crushed red pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ lb pasta, prepared
- In a large saute pan set over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking it apart as you go. Drain excess grease, if needed.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the saute pan and stir. Cook until soft -- 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes into the saute pan and stir well. Season gently with salt and pepper and add the crushed pepper. Cover, reduce hear to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and stir in the heavy cream. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve immediately over pasta. If desired, finish with a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Sarah's Cucina Bella at http://sarahscucinabella.com/2015/05/28/pasta-with-zesty-sausage-tomato-cream-sauce/