Andouille, Broccoli Rabe and Spinach Fried Rice
Author: Sarah Walker Caron
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: serves 4
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch radishes, small diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 link precooked andouille sausage, sliced and quartered (about ¾ cup)
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli rabe
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry jasmine rice, prepared
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the radishes and cook for 3-5 minutes, until just beginning to lightly brown. Add the sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes, until warmed.
- Add the chopped broccoli rabe and spinach to the pan and toss well to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until wilted. Add the garlic and toss well. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan. Add the sesame oil and cooked rice. Cook, tossing with the oil, until it's well distributed, and then mix with the vegetables.
- Drizzle in the soy sauce and toss well. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and enjoy.
Recipe by Sarah's Cucina Bella at http://sarahscucinabella.com/2015/07/09/andouille-broccoli-rabe-and-spinach-fried-rice/