I made these triple chocolate chunk chocolate cookies. YUM. Let me tell you. They are simply amazing. The combination of flavors is exquisite. My husband was so excited about them that he ate three as soon as he came home.
But then again, so did I.
That’s why I have been bad. I ate too many of these cookies. I think I need to send them to work with him tomorrow. Otherwise, I don’t know what I might do. Muwaahaahaaahaaa!
Triple Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup margarine softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or heavy duty aluminum foil (to make for an easy cleanup).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat on medium until mixture has a light and fluffy appearance.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Pour into mixer bowl and beat on medium. Add chocolate chips and chunks and beat until just combined.
- Drop by the spoonful onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. Her latest cookbook is The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook, published by Rockridge Press, which focuses on quick, easy, from-scratch cooking for busy people. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.