Mmm, what’s better than a cool, refreshing and fruity dessert? One that costs next to nothing to make! Get the watermelon on sale and whip up a batch of this.
(This recipe is part of The $7 Dinner Challenge.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 lbs watermelon, , cut into chunks
- juice from 1 lime
- Make simple syrup: Heat the sugar and water together on high heat until sugar dissolves into the water. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine watermelon and lime in a blender and whirl until smooth. Alternatively, use an immersion blender and blend the mixture smooth in a large bowl. Add the simple syrup and lime juice and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan and freeze. Scrape with a fork every half an hour until all the liquid has frozen. This takes from 1-3 hours.
- Spoon into glasses and serve.