- 4 slices white bread
- salted butter
- 2 oz cheddar, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, browned and crumbled
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Butter two of the slices of bread on one side. Set aside.
- On the remaining two slices of bread, split the cheese and bacon evenly. Then top with the buttered bread (butter side up).
- Once the skillet is hot, gently flip the sandwich and place it butter side down in the pan. Butter the slice of bread facing up. Then cook, flipping once and gently pressing down, until browned on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
adapted slightly from The Barbie Party Cookbook
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.