With Thanksgiving just days away, I am finally ready to share our menu for this year. And I couldn’t be more excited about it. Thanksgiving, for me, is all about the side dishes — something that’s very evident from the over-the-top number of dishes I am making this year.
This year’s menu features four new recipes that I’ve created and shared over the last month or so. Our menu needed this bit of refreshing with new flavors — and I think it’s going to be a huge hit as a result.
Another change? I dropped three side dishes (beets, asparagus, salad) because they just didn’t feel like they fit this year.
I can’t wait to start cooking!
Without further ado, here’s our menu for Thanksgiving 2013.
Sarah’s Cucina Bella 2013 Thanksgiving Menu
- Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Cheese Plate
- Selection of olives
- Shawn’s Rotisserie Turkey – Though I toyed with the idea of roasting instead of getting out the rotisserie, we decided to stick with our favorite method of cooking whole turkeys.
- Foolproof Herbed Turkey Gravy – I will make this with pan drippings, which makes it absolutely incredible.
- Cranberry Apple Sauce – My mom’s favorite
- Homemade Jellied Cranberry Sauce – My brother’s favorite
- Bacon Walnut Ciabatta Stuffing
- Roasted Carrots with Thyme
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Green Beans
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Maple Bacon Butternut Squash
- Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles
- Mashed Potatoes
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.