Oh, that wonderful peanut-y goodness. Are you a peanut butter fan? Me too! Here’s how to enjoy peanut butter in snacks.
Walking home from the bus stop this morning, I mentioned to a neighbor that Thursdays are my busiest days of the week. They are so busy, in fact, that I block off the entire day on my work calendar with one single word: Thursday.
Although I joke about it, blocking off the day was a necessity … For those who can also see my to-do calendar, they know that today is the day with a laundry list of editorial duties at my day job. Things move at a breakneck pace, and I barely have time to breathe.
In other words, please do not try to add anything to my day.
On days like this, I need quick and easy snacks and meals to help me fuel my day. And some of my very favorite snacks have something in common: peanut butter. These five snacks are favorites — not just for busy days but for anytime you need a PB fix.
- Peanut butter and honey on toasted raisin bread — This simple combination is one of my all-time favorite breakfasts.
- Race cars — Celery, peanut butter and carrots combine to create a super fun crafty snack
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches — It’s a classic — your favorite peanut butter spread on two slices bread with slices of bananas sandwiched between.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn — My cousins recommended this pairing for our weekly Family Movie night a few years back … and YUM.
- Cookies! — From classic peanut butter cookies to thick, chewy peanut butter chocolate oatmeal cookies to palmiers, peanut butter is fabulous baked into sweet treats.
Aside from these ways to enjoy peanut butter though, we also absolutely adore peanut butter granola bars. My kids — Paige is 7 and Will is 10 — and I often grab granola bars when we’re on the go because they are so convenient and tasty. And there’s a new one that we’ve absolutely fallen for.
Jif Bars are chewy, crunchy granola bars with a twist: they have a layer of Jif peanut butter on them. Available in three varieties (Jif Bars Creamy Peanut Butter, Jif Bars Crunchy Peanut Butter and Jif Bars Peanut Butter Chocolate), the protein-rich bars (each bar has 7-8 grams of protein!) are available in grocery stores around the country.
Perfect for packing in school lunches and for snacks, these went super fast in our house.
Are you a peanut butter fan? Crunchy or creamy? Share in the comments below!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.