The sudden shift from summer to school year, from lazy days to busy schedules and from warmth to, well, not warmth snuck up on me this year, more so then before. In a blink, we’d returned to a life of structure and responsibilities. The kids have tests. There’s homework to do. There are decisions to be made about which activities they should take on … and is it okay to drop a commitment for something they want to do more?
And now, here we are. Halloween is a mere eight days away. The decorations are still nestled in the purple tote in the basement. Costume decisions are far from being made. And nothing orange and black has come from the kitchen … yet.
I am feeling a little haunted by my inattention to Halloween, which happens to be one of my favorite holidays. But I won’t let it get me down. No, let’s hop right into the spirit now … with 20 spooky recipes perfect for your Halloween celebration. It’s not too late yet. Really.
And while you drool over these, I am going to dig out that tote.
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate and Almond Witch Finger Cookies at Sugar Hero
- Melted Witch Push Up Pops at Cookies and Cups
- Pumpkin Cake Pop at Frugal Mom Eh
- Gluten-Free Halloween Candy Corn Pudding at Flour on My Face
- Spooky Pudding Cup Trifle at Jade Louise Designs
- Candy Corn M&M Halloween “Trash” at Just Us Four Blog
- Spooky Spider Cupcakes at Simplee Thrifty
- Halloween Cookie Pops-Nutter Butter Bats & Mummies at Five Heart Home
- Dracula’s Dentures at The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Witches Broom Cupcakes at Cookies and Cups
- Floating Eyeball Jello Shots at Sugar Hero
- Jack Skellington Cupcakes at Frugal Mom Eh
- Leaky Cauldron Brownies at Jade Louise Designs
- Easy Halloween Drink With Peep Straws at A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Zombie Boogers at Ink Happi
- Pretzel Candy Spiderwebs at Five Heart Home
- Scream Cheese Brownies at The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Monster Cupcakes at I Heart Naptime
- Spider Rice Krispie Treats at Olive You Whole
- Peanut Butter Eyeballs at It’s Always Autumn