Inspirational quotes like these are perfect for a little push forward when you need it. And who doesn’t need a little motivation now and again?
A little known fact: When I was in high school, I worked as a janitor at the Peale Center for Christian Living — a place devoted to the teachings of Norman Vincent Peale. Guideposts magazine was produced there as well. The building also housed a small museum dedicated to Peale’s message: there’s great power in positive thinking.
I can’t say that I walked away from the experience empowered and inspired. I was a kid — and I didn’t really believe in the message. I did, however, read every display, placard and quote in that museum — a dozen times or more.
It’s been many years now, and in retrospect I’ve come around to the idea that positive thinking is important to a good life. (I am positively thinking that I will get a big ol’ yes this week to one of the book proposals I have out to publishers.) Positivity begets good things in life — and even when bad things happen, a positive outlook can buoy you through. These days, I surround myself with positive, wonderful, motivational, inspirational quotes — and thoughts. I even have a frame filled with three favorite motivational quotes on my desk.
Looking for some inspirational quotes to keep you motivated? Here are 15 that I love.
15 Awesome Inspirational Quotes
- Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman
- Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country. – Anais Nin
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it. – W. Clement Stone
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- I will! I am! I can! I will actualize my dream. I will press ahead. I will settle down and see it through. I will solve the problems. I will pay the price. I will never walk away from my dream until I see my dream walk away: Alert! Alive! Achieved! – Robert Schuller
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’! – Audrey Hepburn
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- I think if there’s something one needs to change with oneself, it doesn’t have to happen in the New Year. You can do that any time you please. – Brittany Murphy
- No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams. – Jesse Jackson
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.