Mediterranean Sheet Pan Gnocchi is a delightful mix of flavors and textures. Plus, this easy vegetarian meal comes together so quickly.
I love a good, easy meal. Whether for a hearty lunch or a satisfying dinner, a toss-together meal removes all the hecticness from cooking. And easy really is the keyword here. Because when things are easy, we don’t get overwhelmed by the process.
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Gnocchi is about as easy as it gets.
One pan. One single pan, covered in parchment paper and slid into the oven. That’s all you need to make this ridiculously easy Mediterranean Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe. But despite the ease of preparation, the flavors of this vegetarian meal are robust and nuanced.
It’s the best of all worlds.
Again, making this is so simple. Start by gathering your ingredients (that’s good advice for any cooking you do). Once you have them all out, it’s easy to speed through the preparation process.
This is a dish I created with my son, a total gnocchi lover, in mind. The gnocchi requires no boiling. Instead, you toss it with whole cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic and artichoke hearts that are dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper. And then you roast it all together on a sheet pan.
(Did I mention how easy this is?)
Just before it’s done, you add in some roasted red peppers just to warm them.
And that’s it! Dish the Mediterranean Sheet Pan Gnocchi up into four bowls, sprinkle with parsley and serve. It’s so delightfully easy.
There are so many easy ways to make dinner. This toss-together meal is just one of them. If you are interested in more pasta dishes that use one cooking vessel, try my One-Pot Lemon Butter Orzo (a side dish) or my Sweet Potato and Red Onion Shells One-Pot Pasta or Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese One-Pot Pasta.
Ready to dig in?
- 1 lb gnocchi (found in the pasta aisle)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup 1-inch chunks of red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 13.5-oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the gnocchi, tomatoes, red onion, garlic and artichoke hearts. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Spread the vegetables out on the prepared baking sheet. Slide into the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring once. When the gnocchi are plump and the vegetables are caramelized, sprinkle with roasted red peppers and bake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and divide evenly among 4 bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.