Is this breakfast? Or dessert?
Well, honestly, it could be either. An absolutely decadent breakfast, or a little more healthy (not not quite healthy healthy) dessert.
Either way, it’s just really, really good. So good that I am packing some of this granola for a business trip this weekend and hoping I can find just the right yogurt in the town I will be in.
It’s all about the perfect pairing here, I tell you. Liberté Yogurt, which is incredible, asked me to create a “perfect pairings” recipe to go with this thick, creamy, sweet, perfectly flavored yogurt, I practically ran barefoot to the grocery store for supplies. Okay, maybe not really. But you get the idea. I was psyched.
I was already in love this the yogurt.
When my husband first tried Liberté Yogurt a month or two ago, he went on and on about how creamy and decadent it was. His vivid descriptions and incessant praise influenced me to give in and try a cup of it myself. I tried the Liberté Mediterranee Coconut and instantly fell smitten with it.
And what’s better to go with an ultimately decadent yogurt than an equally decadent granola? I mean, hello!
This granola, which combines oats with sweetened coconut, pecans and a sweet dark muscovado sugar mixture that is baked to toasty perfection and then bathed in chocolate, is decadent heaven. And on the Liberté Mediterranee Coconut? It’s just mind-blowingly good.
And, of course, it’s super easy to make too. Which always makes a good thing even better, right?
Decadent Chocolate, Toasted Coconut and Pecan Granola with Liberte Yogurt (Perfect Pairings)
This decadent granola is fantastic served over Liberté Mediterranee Coconut Yogurt -- it's heaven in a dish. (In the interest of disclosure, I was hired by Liberté to create a perfect pairing for their fabulous yogurt.)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup dark muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the oats, coconut and pecans on a nonstick baking sheet. Whisk together the oil and dark muscovado sugar. Pour over the oats mixture and stir lightly (don’t worry if it’s not evenly combined yet!).
- Bake for 5 minutes and stir to combine, taking care to mix the sugary syrup well with the oats mixture. Spread out evenly and bake for an additional 5 minutes, before stirring and spreading again. Bake for 3-5 more minutes, watching carefully so that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the oats mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and stir well. They will melt on contact and coat the granola.
- Line a cool, clean baking sheet with waxed paper and spread the chocolate coated granola on it into one even layer. Let cool (and harden) completely. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Disclosure: I am being compensated by Liberté for the creation of this perfect pairing recipe. All opinions and ideas are my own.
Category: Breakfasts, Dessert, Recipes, Reviews, Contests and More