Season’s greetings! This holiday serve up snow-inspired cupcakes that will leave the kids begging for more. This recipe was created for my client Betty Crocker but all opinions are my own.
When I was a little girl, I was fascinated with those snowy, ball-shaped cakes sold in little packages in our local convenience store. They looked so heavenly with their fluffy coconut exteriors. In my head, they were the most decadent, dreamy treat ever.
Fast forward to now. I’ve finally had those snack cakes I salivated over and I know that they are pretty darn dreamy in real life too. So when my friends at Betty Crocker asked me to do something fun with their new baking mix with Hershey’s chocolate in it, I decided to turn those dreamy cakes into Chocolate Snowball Cupcakes.
These heavenly treats have a tender chocolate cupcake topped with a cloud of creamy frosting and sweet coconut flakes. It’s everything that those snack cakes are — in a totally fun cupcake form.
Come on, you know you want to try them.
Best of all, these are super easy to make. Holiday treats don’t have to be complicated to be super fun and delicious. With just a few ingredients you can be serving these babies up in no time.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Hershey’s Chocolate Cupcake Mix (15 oz), prepared according to package directions
- 1 can Betty Crocker Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
- Prepare the cupcakes according to package directions and let cool. Once they are cool, frost liberally, using the whole can of frosting.
- Pour the coconut into a bowl. Cupping some in your hand over the bowl, gently press it into the frosting all around until the cupcake is covered. Gently shake to remove excess. Continue until all the cupcakes have been topped with coconut.
You may need a little more coconut for this job.