Hunting through my kitchen and fridge, I located some organic carrots, a home grown tomato, some white zinfandel and viola! I had a meal. Toss in some rosemary, fresh pepper and salt and it’s golden.
This is very light and the vegetables are still pretty crisp – something I like. If you prefer your veggies softer, blanch them before putting them in the casserole. Also, you may want to salt and pepper the veggies before topping them with fish. But that is completely up to you.
Without further adieu….
- 2 carrots, , peeled and chopped into one inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, , cut into wedges
- 1 medium tomato, , cut into large chunks
- 1/2 lb tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup white zinfandel wine
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish, layer carrots, onion, tomato and tilapia. Pour wine over and sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Cover and place in preheated oven. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with rice or rice noodles.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.