Filled with turkey, avocado, bacon and more, this easy California Turkey Club Wrap recipe is delicious for lunchtime. It’s creamy, crunchy perfection.
Anything with avocado is wonderful in my book — and my kids’ books too. We all adore the soft, creamy flesh of avocados.
Whether it’s eaten just cut from the pit or mashed into guacamole, you can bet that Will and Paige will gobble it up fast.
So, when I started thinking about making wraps for lunch when a relative visited this past weekend, I decided first on a Turkey Club … and then decided to make it California-style with the addition of avocado slices.
The result was the California Turkey Club Wrap, a craveworthy, hearty sandwich with a wonderful creaminess, fabulous crunchy and total deliciousness.
It was a little big for little Paige (she unrolled it and ate the contents with a fork), but Will really liked it. And I loved it.
Do you have a favorite wrap sandwich? Share in the comments!
- 4 soft flatbreads or tortillas
- 4 leaves Boston Bibb lettuce, , ribs removed
- 1 medium tomato, , sliced
- 3/4 lb honey maple turkey breast, (deli meat - Boar's Head is recommended)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices bacon, , cooked and drained on paper towel
- 1 ripe avocado, , peeled, pitted and sliced
- Lay the flatbreads or tortillas out.
- Divide the lettuce, tomato, turkey breast, cheese, bacon and avocado evenly between the flatbreads or tortillas, layering in that order.
- Roll the flatbread or tortilla up, making the wrap. Cut in half.
- Serve immediately.