- 2 slices whole grain bread, I used Pepperidge Farms 15 Grain
- 2 oz ham, thinly sliced (deli meat)
- 1 oz Swiss cheese slice
- 1/2 Hass avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- Preheat your panini pan and press (or a George Foreman grill or a panini grill).
- Spray one side of each of the slices of bread with olive oil spray. Once the panini pan/grill is hot, lay a slice of bread on the pan (olive oil side down) and quickly top with ham, Swiss, avocado and spinach. Top with the second slice of bread, with the olive oil facing up. Press with the panini press or close the grill lid.
- Cook until lightly browned all over -- 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.