- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set four glass half-pint canning jars on a baking sheet and divide the blueberries evenly among them. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar, stirring well to combine. Add the egg and vanilla, stirring well after each addition. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir well. Pour in the milk and stir.
- Divide the batter evenly among the four canning jars, taking care to get it in the jar without dripping down the sides. Wipe any excess batter off with a wet paper towel.
- Slide the baking sheet with the jars into the oven. It should be set on the middle rack. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until it's golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the jars cool for about 30 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be covered with a lid and stored in a cool, dry place for up to three days.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.