- 1 Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain
- 2 oz deli sliced provolone cheese, about 5 slices
- 1/2 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 oz leftover steak or beef roast, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup finely diced red peppers
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Open and unroll pizza crust onto a lightly greased nonstick baking pan (9x13-inchs). Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the oven and top with provolone, onion, steak/beef, green peppers, red peppers and mozzarella, distributing the toppings evenly all around. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until the edges are golden and the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Cut into slices and serve.
To get the onions extra thin, use a mandolin to slice them. It takes seconds and they come out perfect every time. If desired, sprinkle corn meal on the baking sheet instead of greasing it. This will make the crust a little crispier.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.