This overnight Creme Brulee Egg Bake is a decadent sweet dish that your family — or guests — will adore. It’s a perfect Christmas brunch recipe since you whip it up the night before (in minutes!) and just have to bake on Christmas morning.
This recipe was created for my client Bisquick. All opinions are my own.
Christmas brunch is a big thing in our house. It’s always decadent and rich and delicious. We dig into chocolate croissants, bagels and lox and more. And some years, we add into other special dishes as well — like special French toast, eggs Benedict or quiche.
Creme Brulee Egg Bake is an awesome Christmas brunch recipe. This overnight egg bake is like a decadent giant eggy pancake — it’s sweet, unforgettable and absolutely craveworthy.
It was inspired by the Creme Brulee French Toast that my family digs into on Easter morning — and assorted other special occasions. But it’s a little different — easier, even.
You start by whipping up a sweet, gooey, caramel-y layer that’s spread in the bottom of the pan. And then you top it with an egg mixture with baking mix. Then it rests in the fridge overnight. The next morning, you pull it out, preheat the oven and then bake it to perfection.
While it does need some time to bake, what better time to let a decadent brunch recipe cook then Christmas morning while you are opening gifts. (Am I right?!?)
Does your family have a special Christmas brunch? What are your favorite brunch recipes?
Crème Brulee Layer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 1 cups reduced fat milk
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar and corn syrup and whisk vigorously for 4-6 minutes, until it becomes a smooth liquid. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Whisk together the batter ingredients until well combined. Pour over the crème brulee layer. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and the center is set.
- Cut into six squares and enjoy.
Loosen the breakfast bake from the edges of the pan with a butter knife before slicing. This can be made the night before and chilled overnight before baking.
Disclosure: I was compensated for creating this recipe but all opinions are my own.