- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your griddle on the stove. It should be set at about halfway between medium and medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, crack the egg into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until light yellow and frothy, about 2 minutes. Add flour, buttermilk, sugar, oil, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the mixer. Beat on low until just combined. Fold the blueberries and white chocolate chips into the batter.
- Drop the batter in rounds (I usually do about 1/4 cup batter per pancake) onto the hot griddle and cook, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately. Devour.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.