This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackAndGo #CollectiveBias
Banana Pudding Pie gets an on-the-go makeover perfect for parties and post-game celebrations with this easy recipe. Plus, a DIY Pudding Pie Bar!
A few years after I got out of college, my best friend sent me a recipe for Banana Pudding Pie. I’d never had anything like it, and despite not being much of a cook — and not exactly following the directions well — I tried it an loved it.
It was unlike anything I’d ever had before: layers of vanilla pudding, vanilla wafer cookies, bananas and whipped cream. And there was just something about that combination — especially after it sat for a few hours letting those cookies soften — that was just incredible.
Though I thoroughly enjoyed it, the somewhat time consuming (or, at least that’s how I remember it) process meant I didn’t make it again often. Or at all.
But I still love it, and get it whenever I see it on a menu.
So, what if there was a super quick way to have a version of that pie whenever you wanted?
Enter Banana Pudding on the Go. Premade pudding, little Go Paks! cups of cookies, fresh bananas and Reddi-Wip come together to create this tasty dessert in seconds. It’s a pretty filling combination, but totally worth it.
I was able to pick all these up at Wal-Mart. Hint: The Go Paks! are in a bin at the front of the store.
Want to make it more exciting? Why not have a DIY Pudding Pie Bar for dessert this weekend? Here’s how to make it happen:
- Arrange cups of Snack Pack® Pudding Cups on the table for easy grabbing
- Lay out a selection of NABISCO Go-Paks! such as Mini Chips Ahoy!, Mini Nilla Wafers and Nutter Butter Bites
- Place cut up fruits such as bananas, pineapple and strawberries in bowls
- Have the Reddi Wip ready to finish it off
- Put out spoons for eating … and sprinkles if you want a little extra pizazz.
- 1 Nabisco GO PAKS! cookies
- 1 Vanilla Snack Packs pudding
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Reddi-Wip, to taste
- sprinkles, optional
- Open the Go Paks! and remove half the cookies. Add half the vanilla pudding to the cup followed by half the bananas. Return the other half of cookies to the cup and top with remaining pudding and bananas.
- Top with Reddi-Wip and, if desired, a sprinkling of sprinkles.
Psst! Want to save a little money? Download the buy one, get one free coupon for NABISCO Go-Paks! and Snack Pack® Pudding here.