Sarah Walker Caron is available for interviews on topics including home cooking, stocking the pantry, raising healthy kids, feeding children, New England cookery and family dinners. She is also able to speak on food blogging, food trends, social media and being a freelance writer. Contact her via email at [email protected]
Recent Press Mentions
“Backyard BBQ Party Ideas: 42 Expert Tips for a Great Summer Barbecue,” AllTheStuff, May 2019
- Excerpt: “With the burgers, which I’d serve with a choice of onion roll or kaiser roll, we’d have a cheese buffet featuring a few favorites like aged gouda, Fromager d’Affinois, cheddar and — you can’t skip it, it’s the classic — American cheese, fresh sliced from the deli. It would be a DIY burger station with a selection of fixings.”
“Stock Your Fridge with This,” BodyChecklist, January 2012
- Excerpt: “Blueberries, in particular, are very good for you and are loaded with antioxidants. Sarah W. Caron of Sarah’s Cucina Bella recommends you, “Toss them in smoothies, oatmeal and even baked goods.”
“The Big Waste on Food Network Tackles Food Waste Problem in America,” Diets in Review, January 2012
- Excerpt: “Food writer Sarah Caron freezes meat and vegetable scraps for stock, soups and stews. “For example, broccoli stems, which a lot of people would otherwise throw away, can be used in soup,” said Caron.”
“Missy Chase Lapine’s Speedy Sneaky Chef Sends the Wrong Message,” Diets in Review, December 2011
- Excerpt: “It’s very important to me that my children like foods for what they are,” said Sarah Caron, food writer at Sarah’s Cucina Bella. “[They eat] produce raw, steamed, roasted and a dozen other ways. For some parents, sneaking nutrients in [to kids’ food] can give them peace of mind, but I think parents should encourage kids to have an open mind about food first and foremost.”
“10 Simple Ways to Save on Thanksgiving Dinner,” Main St, November 2011
- Excerpt: “One pomegranate yields enough arils to make a great side dish like asparagus with pomegranate, toasted walnuts and blue cheese and also an awesome autumn salad,” says Sarah W. Caron, who runs the food blog Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She points out that the also-pricey blue cheese can be put in the salad as well.
“Black Friday Backlash: Early Openings a Blessing and a Curse,” CNN Money, November 2011.
- Excerpt: “I used to love shopping on Black Friday,” said Sarah Caron, 31, “but the earlier hours — or worse, opening on Thanksgiving — have been a complete turnoff to me. That takes people away from their families on a day that should be all about family.”
More Press For Sarah W. Caron of Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- “WMMB Launches 3rd Annual Macaroni & Cheese Blog Featuring Recipes from Top Food Bloggers,” Digital Journal, January 2012.
- “22 Brilliant Bloggers Talk about Online Privacy,” BlogWorld.com, June 2011.
- “Inexpensive Recipes I learned from Mom,” Mint.com, May 2011.
- “Getting the Most Out of That Tank of Gas,” The Washington Post, April 1, 2011.
- Co-Hosted “Cooking with Loved Ones,” class on TheMotherhood.com, February 2011.
- “7 Uncommon Ways to Save for the Holidays,” Bankrate.com. November 2010.
- “Pork Checkoff Caters to Foodies at Blogher,” PerishableNews.com. September 2010.
- Featured in Professional Blogging For Dummies by Susan Getgood. July 2010.
- “Afternoon Snack: Zucchini Bread!” Vitamin G Blog; Glamour.com. July 2010.
- “Father’s Day Recipes: Best of Dad’s Favorites,” Cozi.com. June 2010.
- “I Love Being a Mom Because …” WeTV.com, May 2010.
- “Garlic Scape Carbonara,” Saveur. May 2010.
- “Fit Mom Profile: Sarah Caron,” Momtrends. January 2010.
- “Top 25 Foodie Blogs,” FriendsEAT.com. Nov. 2009.
- “CONVERSATIONS: Sarah Caron of She Knows underlines the need for digital content,” Release It!, June 2009.
- “How to Contact Past Job References,” Career & Money Blog; MarieClaire.com. April 1, 2009.
- “And Baby Makes Three: Preparing for the New Arrival,” by Carmen Borthwick; Root & Sprout. March 2009.
- “How to Get Covered By Freelance Writers (Part 2),” Mopwater PR + Media Notes. February 18, 2009
- “Your Say,” Climate Witness; World Wildlife Federation. July 18, 2008.
- “Sarah Palin’s Parenting Choices Under Fire,” by Susan Donaldson James; ABCNews.com. September 3, 2008.
- “The Italian soup that rekindled our romance,” by Amy Kuperinsky and Christine Coppa; First Magazine. November 3, 2008.
- “Election News Keep Online Community Buzzing,” by Richard Mullins; Tampa Bay Online. November 5, 2008.